Sunday, August 10, 2008

Children's Author Pens Memoir


Karen Petit, noted author of children’s stories (see her web site at http://www.theivybooks.com/), published her first book for adults this spring (2008). Titled A Paw on My Heart, the book tells the author’s true story of how, in the aftermath of a horrendous divorce, she reluctantly acquired a dog for companionship–and discovered the amazing healing power of pets. Ms. Petit’s publisher is Red Letter Press, Columbia, S.C. The author, pictured here with her now-deceased dog Ivy, invites comments on her work.


Opening of A Paw on My Heart

Ivy rescued me. She didn’t jump into the water and pull me to safety. She didn’t find me lost on a mountain trail. She didn’t push me out of the way of an oncoming car in a pedestrian crosswalk.

Ivy saved me by being herself: a dog.

For more about this author and her books: http://redletter press.googlepages.com


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen Petit,
Having read the introduction to a Paw On My Heart, I would like to offer you a complimentary copy of Planet Of The Dogs (Volume 1 in the Planet Of The Dogs book series).
These books tell the stories of when dogs first came down to planet earth to teach people about loyalty and love and to help them heal and find peace.

For reader comments and more information about our books, please visit www.planetofthedogs.net and http://barkingplanet.typepad.com.

If you would like a complimentary copy, please email a postal address
to barkingplanet@aol.com.
Best wishes,
Robert McCarty
Barking Planet Productions

joared said...

Delightful story. I've enjoyed loving relationships with several dogs and even one cat, so can appreciate this.

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of listening to Ms. Petit speak in my Fiction Workshop class at USC in the Fall 2007. I cannot wait to read this book!!